логотип Энциклопедия Забайкалья
  • О проекте
  • Организаторы и участники
  • Энциклопедия
  • Иллюстрации
  • Книжная полка
  • Авторы
  • ОКН
  • Помощь
О проекте
Энциклопедия Забайкалья Малая ЭЗ Библиотека ЭЗ Предварительные материалы Электронный проект ЭЗ
Организаторы и участники Энциклопедия Иллюстрации Книжная полка Авторы ОКН Помощь
  • Каталог ОКН /
  • Чита /
  • Здание клубное (ул. Ленина, 88)

Club Building (88 Lenina Street, Chita), commonly referred to as the Officers’ House of Zabaykalsky Krai

RU ENG ZH
Club Building. 88 Lenina Street, Chita. 2020. Photo by Maxim Fedoseyev

Object Type

  • Monument

Monument Type

  • Monument of Urban Planning and Architecture

Heritage Category

  • Identified Object

Address

88 Lenina Street, Chita

Date of Creation

1939–1940

Architect(s)

M.P. Klekovkin

Description

The building was erected based on a design by M.P. Klekovkin—an architect and graduate of the Siberian Construction Institute—under Military Project No. 457. The structure dates to the Soviet era of Chita’s urban evolution. It holds a pivital urban planning role, defining the character of Chita’s streetscape. Within its urban block, it stands as the dominant architectural landmark. The building partially occupies the site of the former Zhukovsky Garden, now known as ODORA park. Construction of the building’s eastern section—located at the intersection of Lenina and Vystavochnaya streets—commenced in 1939. This section accommodated a theater hall, a foyer adorned with marble columns, a small blue hall in the club wing, lounges, and billiard rooms. Intricate decorative paintings on cornices, walls, and ceilings, gilding on column capitals, and wall color schemes were crafted by decorative artist G.A. Fomin. The original building officially opened to the public in 1940. ODORA PARK’s main hall was the finest in Chita, yet the need to expand it and construct an annex arose repeatedly. In 1984, an annex was constructed at the intersection of Lenina and Pushkina streets based on a project by the "Military Project No. 457" institute, preserving architectural, stylistic, and chromatic consistency with the original building. In 1985, the annex was officially commissioned; it is now home to the Museum of Military Glory of the Transbaikal People. As a result, the now three-story complex took on a symmetrical U-shaped layout, featuring three main entrances within the risalits of the principal facade. It distinguishes itself from other contemporary structures through the integration of monumental art elements in both its interior and exterior [...]. The most architecturally significant spaces are the two assembly halls, vestibules, and stairwells. During restoration efforts in 2005, busts of eminent Russian military commanders were installed in the main entrance vestibule.

Tourist Routes

  • Included
  • Recommended

В этот день 17 марта

Родился И.В.Асеев
В 1940 году родился И.В.Асеев, докт. ист. наук (1997).
Учрежден войсковой праздник ЗКВ
В 1891 году учрежден войсковой праздник ЗКВ
Открылся ОПНД
В 1950 году открылся Диспансер психоневрологический областной Диспансер психоневрологический областной
Родилась Л.П.Ищукова
В 1925 году родилась Л.П.Ищукова, геолог, засл. геолог РСФСР (1979), докт. геол.-мин. наук (1980), почетный гражданин Краснокаменска (1994)
Родился Д.Н.Норбоев
В 1936 году родился Д.Н.Норбоев, засл. тренер РСФСР по стрельбе из лука (1985), мастер спорта междунар. класса (1973).
Родился П.А.Орлов
В 1912 году родился П.А.Орлов, сов.-партийный работник
Родился А.А.Семёнов
В 1920 году родился А.А.Семёнов, полковник внутренней службы
Родился П.К.Абрамкин
В 1950 году родился П.К.Абрамкин, водитель троллейбуса
Родился О.П.Хмелёв
В 1972 году родился О.П.Хмелёв, Герой Сов. Союза
  • О проекте
  • Организаторы и участники
  • Энциклопедия
  • Иллюстрации
  • Книжная полка
  • Авторы
  • ОКН
  • Помощь